Jul 27, 2010

Font Designers

I subscribe to MyFont.com's emails, and today I received a really interesting one!  I was an interview with a designer, Hannes von Döhren, who recently released another font and he was talking about how he created his fonts, what inspired him and more.  This is something I've never particularly wondered about, who creates the fonts I use?  Does someone imagine them from scratch and create them by hand, how is it done?  But I must say, it stirred up many interesting thoughts! 

Here is my favorite font that he recently released called Cowboyslang (used in an example promotion piece).

This led me to discover the entire archive they have of font designers!  Check them out, you won't be disappointed. And lastly, my favorite I mentioned before in this post.  Called Brandon Grotesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment