Nov 5, 2010

Save the Date Card

I've recently finished working on a Save the Date card for my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary celebration!  Next October they'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage, amazing.  I was pretty excited by some of the roughs I put together, and in the end they chose one of the ones I liked the most, which made me happy. 
It's usually challenging for me to work with a color palette that is more limited to neutral tones or needs to go along with a certain time of year (for example these Save the Dates were in line with a fall theme).  My impulse is typically to use bright colors and to use a lot of them!  This project, and some others recently have challenged me to create good design within the parameters given to me, and I think (or at least I hope) it has helped make my designs better.  It's good to be stretched in these ways and I'm glad I got the chance to do this project!  The first one is the final one, the rest are roughs.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment