Mar 5, 2011

Piet Mondrian's Trees

A while ago I got the chance to go to the Art Institute again, love that place.  I think when I'm there, I'm happy.  Period.  Anyway, I ran across this painting and was reminded how much I love it!  Its a painting called Farm near Duivendrecht, by Piet Mondrian.  I love the amazing colors, the beginning of abstraction to the tree and just the way he captures the tranquility of the setting as a whole.  Found some interesting information on this piece here
 I enjoy Mondrian's work and thought I would share some more of his paintings I've seen and enjoyed in the past.  I love looking at the progression of works also, see where the artist started and where he ended.  With Mondrian's work, especially as it relates to trees, this progression is really interesting.
The Red Tree
The Grey Tree
Composition No. 11
And some of his last work, completely abstract with no curing lines at all.  
More to come later....a round up of Mondrian inspired clothes, home goods and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment