Oct 10, 2010

Paint by Numbers

Friday I abused my lunch plate at work so much it cracked in half.  It's a cute melamine plate (a set of 4 I bought a long time ago!) with a paint by number scene of various wood animal on each plate.  The set is pictured below.

Sad things have happened to these plates.  Two still exist, one as I said, broke in half, you're definitely not supposed to microwave them although I did very often.  The last one was thrown away by someone, having mistaken it for a disposable plate! 
Anyway, all of this reminded me that I really enjoy the kitschy-ness of paint by numbers.  Here are a few things I've found recently that embrace it and do a great job!
This great zipper handbag from Etsy, here
And a very similar pattern of fabric but made into an apron!  Again on Etsy, here
Very cool men's tie with just the illustration (of the Mona Lisa) on it.  Found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment